Bradford Park Avenue made it seven unbeaten and climbed into the National League North play-offs with a fine win over Boston United.

Boston opened the scoring through Brad McGowan but Avenue were soon level as Mark Ross slammed in his first for the club.

And Bradford won the game soon after half-time when good play from new boy Graham Kelly saw him find Adam Boyes who notched his sixth of the season with a confident finish.

After a slow start to the game in blustery conditions, Avenue did have the ball in the back of the net as Boyes went through on goal, but the offside flag was raised against the number nine.

Bradford had a few efforts as Nicky Wroe’s strike was blocked before good defending prevented Kelly’s cross from reaching Boyes.

Avenue were playing a lot of deliberate football against a direct Boston side, and almost caught them out with a quick free kick, Oli Johnson’s strike from range skipping wide of the post.

On the half-hour though Bradford were behind, Ashley Hemmings whipping in a brilliant free kick which Brad McGowan diverted into the back of the net with a diving header which wrong-footed goalkeeper Ed Hall.

But it took just four minutes for the hosts to level, a long throw-in from Kelly dropping into the stride of Ross, who saw his strike thump the back of the net.

Avenue had their tails up and had a couple of good chances towards the end of the half, firstly as neat play between Wayne Brooksby and Johnson saw the latter get into space, but his effort towards the near post was matched by visiting stopper George Willis.

Then Brooksby showed some excellent skill before his low cross found Boyes, but the striker was just off balance and fired high and wide.

Just after half time, Boston skipper Adam Chapman set his sights from range, his powerful effort flying just wide of the top corner.

Bradford looked to carry on their good spell though and had another chance as a loose clearance fell to Nicky Clee, and his volley looked goalbound before a good block got in the way.

But Avenue were soon in front after good work from a number of players to keep the ball alive before Kelly slipped in Boyes, the top scorer finishing perfectly into the bottom corner from a tight angle.

Up the other end, Boston worked their first decent move of the night as James Clifton got a strike away in the box which Hall did well to beat away from the top corner.

Clifton was involved again at the other end as Boyes tried to flick the ball past him and it appeared to strike his arm, but the referee waved away any appeals for a penalty.

Avenue had a chance to get in behind with just over 10 minutes to go as Boyes slipped in Clee, but the hard worker just didn’t have the energy to race through on goal and Jordan Keane recovered well.

Bradford were seeing out the victory very well, and almost added a third when Brooksby got in on the left and from a similar position to Boyes’ goal, his shot was kept out by a smart save from Willis.

Mark Bower’s men went on to claim their fourth victory of the current seven game unbeaten streak, and take excellent form into Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup tie at Southport.

Bradford Park Avenue: Hall, Ross, Kelly, Wroe (c), Knowles, Toulson, Brooksby, Vidal, Boyes, Johnson (Nowakowski 73), Clee (Spencer 80)

Subs not used: Lyn, Drench, Knight

Goals: Ross (34), Boyes (53)

Boston United: Willis, Clifton, Beatson (Tshimanga 65), McGuire, Keane, McGowan, Rollins (Waite 73), Chapman (c, Broadhead 69), Hawley, Hemmings, Yeomans

Subs not used: Vince, Hare

Goal: McGowan (30)

Booking: Yeomans (36)

Referee: Aaron Jackson

Attendance: 358